The Beacon Awards, which are powered by UK Community Foundations, celebrate the UK’s philanthropists and the contribution they make to society. Pears Foundation have supported the Beacon Awards since 2012.
The theme for the 2017 awards is ‘powering philanthropy’, and the awards will honour those philanthropists who are making an impact in their own fields; delivering new solutions; and inspiring others. What we are seeking are people whose work will inspire others, and whose achievements and lessons learned will help other philanthropists as they think about and plan their approaches to changing the world. The amount of money they give is not, on its own, important. Beacon is looking for people who are using their resources to create lasting and systemic social change.
– Awards can be one in the following categories:
– Beacon Award for Philanthropy
– Beacon Award for Local Community Philanthropy
– Beacon Award for Innovation
– Beacon Award for Philanthropy in Sport
– Beacon Award for City Philanthropy
– Beacon Award for Philanthropy in Arts and Culture
– Beacon Award for Impact Investment
Beacon Award for an Outstanding Partnership between a Philanthropist and a Charity
Beacon Trailblazer Award
Judges’ Special Awar
To find out more about submitting a nomation please click here. Nominations for the awards will close on the 5th December 2016.
The 2017 Beacon Awards will be held in Spring 2017 and will be the tenth Beacon ceremony.